Sunday, January 11, 2009

A True Classic

...you know... my Dad!!!
Happy 60th Birthday to You, Daddy! (Dad, do you even read this thing?).

My Dad - an incredible man, loving husband, genuine friend, faithful believer, supportive father, an ever- listening ear, comfortable shoulder to lean on...just an all around great guy!!!

Here's to you Ronald Gene...may you know what a blessing you are to each and every one of your friends and family.

This Saturday we really pulled off a great fete, throwing my Dad a Surprise 60th Fiesta. I still can't believe we really had him going. He.Was.Shocked. It was a wonderful night for Dad and Mom, shared with family and great friends, most of which go back 30+ years. ( I can only hope to have the same great circle of friends 30 years from now...holy moly).

The Fam

Dad and some buddies
Mabry and Cici (my Mom)- Two Amigos!

Look at what a stud my Dad was! Sic 'Em Bears!!!!

I really think I need 2 hats to really have fun!

Mabry loves her some balloons...especially after bedtime!

...to many more fun times celebrating a great man. We love you, Daddy!!!!!

8 comments:

nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I am so glad you commented or I would not have found your blog. I love it! I'm so excited to keep up (or try to keep up)!

Jill Atkinson said...

Happy B-day Ron!! You have one special daddy-o!! Love him! And you look so cute in your vest!

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

ahhh...that is so awesome! glad he was surprised!

Anonymous said...

Great recap! Yes, he really was surprised and oh yes, it was THAT fun! Couldn't have pulled any of it off without you--and the book. is. AWESOME. Love you, sista!

kinsey said...

isn't jordan's middle name gene too?! funny! happy birthday to your dad. what a fun party!

Anonymous said...

Been here a bunch, just a slow learner who didn't know how to reply. What a wonderful surprise party, God has truly blessed me with the best family and great friends. Words could never express what this evening meant to me. I LOVED IT - YALL ROCK DAD!

The Montague's said...

i l-o-v-e your Dads sweet comment! Glad the event was pulled off! So fun to celebrate the BIG birthdays! :) Love all the pics