Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gatorade and 7 Pricks

Question: What do Gatorade and 7 pricks have in common?

Answer: Not enough, and too much.

Been fighting (and losing) this virus battle since Sunday night.

My doc called in some anti-nausea meds for me on Monday, only to find the stuff makes me more nauseous.

After trying to wait this mean thing out for 3 more days, I returned to the doctor again this afternoon to get to the bottom of this. I mean, seriously, 4 days and still not better? After getting a new anti-nausea medicine (please, please work this time), I headed into the lab tech's office, only to be pricked 7, yes 7 times by the lab tech and doctor himself, in attempts(read failed) to draw blood. Evidently the gallons upon gallons of Gatorade I have been so diligently downing are not helping to hydrate me, thus making blood drawing oh-so-lovely (insert major sarcasm).

Alright, enough pitty partying for tonight, I am off to the couch again. At least The Office and Grey's are on tonight.

Crossing my fingers and saying a selfish prayer I am feeling better tomorrow and able to get into the office.

Steer clear of any germs peeps, this is brutal!

4 comments:

kinsey said...

yuck! sorry you have been so sick. hope you are feeling better!

Alaina said...

So sorry you are sick!! Love you!

The Montague's said...

Oh no!! So not fun! Hope the new meds are working today...

Yocumotion said...

I hope you feel better!!!