Monday, January 26, 2009

Not as quiet as I thought...


Okay, so hubs and I finally went to see Marley and Me this past weekend (isn't he a dear for taking me to such a sap-fest?). I have been dying to see it, and at the same time ignoring all warnings from friends and family that I'd be a wreck...and to just wait for it to come out on DVD. But no....I insisted we go to see it in the theater, big screen-style.

So, we went to the dinner-movie place in Colleyville, which helped sell the idea to the hubs, since he could have a beer during this suredly sappy movie.

Anywho, to make a long and rambling story short, I must have been doing such a poor job at muffling my tears, sniffles and...okay....I admit....sobs, that one of the theater waiter folks brought me a huge bag of popcorn rights towards the end of the show (not at the beginning, when I'd have time to enjoy it, literally like 5 minutes before the show ended), for no reason at all. Well, let me rephrase that, for no reason at all, to me. Jordan seems to think it was for a very good reason, so that I might munch on the popcorn and perhaps silence my sobs. I choose to think she just felt sorry for me.

Either way, I was a wreck, a blubbering goofball. BUT, I must mention that I am due a certain monthly visitor (did I just type that) anyday now, and feel most certain that attributed to my weepy emotional experience.

Did anyone else out there get as choked up over this dear, dear movie? I mean, I know I am a dog lover, but geez, this was nuts!!! A great flick, but perhaps one better to be viewed in the privacy of one's own home :).

8 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

YES! I loved it, but I was a complete mess after. I couldn't talk as we left the theater, for fear that I might have a total melt down...

Yocumotion said...

I will NOT see it! But sweet popcorn man!

Kacey said...

I read the book and loved it. I haven't gotten to go see it b/c of Lila's arrival. Now I don't feel so bad about waiting to see it at home:)

kinsey said...

i cried ALL THE WAY through it. not just at the end. and couldn't discuss anything about it for days because my lip would tremble and i would lose it. i had even read the book (which i laughed and cried all the way through too) a few years ago so as we watched it scott was SHOCKED that i actually wanted to see the movie, knowing everything in it that applied to us. ANYWAY, loved the book, didn't think the movie was half as good, and i will NEVER see it again!!! ha.

The Montague's said...

The book was SO much better...which I might add I cried throgh the whole book, as well as the movie. I think anyone that has ever loved or lost a dog can relate to it..plus I kept think that I have my Marley at home!! Not to worry - I was a mess and Joe witnessed it too!

Callen and Michael Martin said...

AWE! I haven't seen the movie, but I'm just not prepared to see it yet. How funny that the waiter brought you popcorn...that is hysterical and really sweet!

I loved the comment you left on my blog about the hunting weekend! I KNOW we met at either Jay or JP's wedding...and actually I think I met you in the office one day when y'all were on your way to the lake house? Do that sound right? that would have been years ago! Crazy!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I haven't seen you in ages!! I did see it as well and sobbed! We had to wait for the theater to clear out before I could go face anyone! I was a wreck. I hope all is well.

Meg Roman Maguire :)

Whitney Akin said...

so i have yet to see this movie. i read the book over christmas break to get all pumped up before seeing the movie. we had so many layovers during our trip home for christmas, that i ended up reading the entire book in one day in the airport and on a plane. i finished the book while out plane was on the runway (for 45 minutes) waiting for take off. i was such a wreck and crying so uncontrollably that i made myself sick and had to undo my seatbelt and go to the restroom. the flight attendant yelled at me in front of half the plane and said that i was causing a commotion and wouldn't let me enter the restroom-even though the captain had just said we were still 15 minutes from taking off. my immediate embarassment curbed some of my sadness from reading the book, but i definitely was sick for at least 24hours after "marley & me". it was not pretty.

sorry for the longest comment ever.