Friday, June 4, 2010

3rd Annual Baylor Besties & Babies Weekend – Lake Athens, TX

After college it was so nice to be able to stay in touch and see my closest girlfriends due to the gazillion weddings were were all either in or attending.  Not too long after the wedding rush died down, the baby boom began for all of my gal pals. 

With little ones entering our lives, my Baylor Besties  (Alaina, Ashleigh, Jenna, Leigh & Sarah) and I decided we’d make a pact to try and see one another and each others’ kiddos (and hopefully hubbies, too) at least once a year.  With everyone being spread out across 3 states, the planning and logistics of getting 6 couples’ and 3 kiddos’ (with 3 more on the way)schedules coordinated can be..umm….shall we say….challenging.

So, needless to say, we’ve had this past weekend, the 3rd Annual Baylor Besties and Babies Weekend, on the books for 5 months.  Can you imagine the anticipation and excitement we’ve been feeling for the weekend to arrive (and thus fly by)?!?!?

Leigh’s parents graciously opened up their lake house on Lake Athens to all 15 of us again this year.  With 100 degree days, sunshine, the boat and lake at our disposal, we made the most of the long Memorial Day weekend.

      housepic
It was such a treat to get together to see each other and the little munchkins who are growing waaay to fast ( Caro and Mase are 2 years old and Gage is 18 months).  An added bonus to getting together this time was to celebrate the impending arrival of 3 new little ones.  Yep,  3 out of 6 of us gals are preggers (34, 32 and 20 weekers).  Babies, babies everywhere!!

chairsinsand

The guys had a ball playing Frisbee golf, floating the lake, dominating trying the wakeboard and setting of fireworks so kindly and loudly each night.

boyslake

As for us gals, we just chatted away, catching up and playing “remember when” .  For some reason, remember when seems like yesterday when in reality, it has been 7 years.  Jigga huh?!?! Did I just read that correctly.  S.e.v.e.n. years?!?!  Are we seriously getting that old???

The girls were so sweet and threw a joint shower/sprinkle for Walker and Lincoln (due just 10 days apart) and Ella (arriving mid-October and ‘lil sis to Mason).  The hubbies and little ones were there, too. 

shower

It was wonderful.  They went all out and did a happy hour with mocktails for us, served tasty appetizers and showered us with an assortment of thoughtful gifts  including strollers, the much-envied birthday canvas’s, personalized onesies, diaper cakes loaded with goodies and last, but not least, for Walker, a Cowboys Romo jersey .  I.WAS.ECSTATIC. Now our little man is ready for game day :).

showerpic2

The whole weekend was perfect.  It warmed my heart getting to see my girls, spend time with the hubbies and love on the little ones.  I knew it would go by too quickly, and it did. I was so sad to say our goodbyes Monday morning.  I mean, if I had a million dollars (cue the Bare Naked Ladies song from 1998) I would arrange visits with these peeps, who I truly adore, monthly, quarterly…even semi-annually. 

girlsshower

God sure knew what he was doing when he crossed all of our paths at Baylor.  These girls (and now their families, too) bring me such joy.


groupshot

Here’s to the countdown beginning for next year’s reunion.  I wonder how many babies we’ll be corralling then?!?!

2 comments:

The Montague's said...

AHHHH it was a BLAST...onto planning the next reunion :) xoxo

Daniel and Ashleigh Hansberger said...

Love it, great post! I should just copy and past this to my blog! I am sooo behind!! It was great to see you and we can't wait for baby Walker to arrive!