Monday, September 29, 2008

A Waco Weekend

With the hubby out of town since Wednesday...Friday afternoon Sophie and I packed it up and headed Southbound on I-35 to none other than, yep, you know it, Waco! Whoo hoo for a weekend visit at home!!!

Friday night the 'rents treated me to a deelish mexican food fest at Se Cocina. For all of you Metroplex readers, this place is an offshoot of the famed, and my personal fav Mi Cocina. You name it: the shape of the menu, salsa, chips (even the silver bowl they come in), black and white tableclothes and napkins, sunset style sauce on the fajitas, queso, guac, etc...all of it....is strikingly and deliciously similar to Mi Cocina's. For my sister, husband and niece who just recently moved back to Waco from Dallas and are in serious MiCocina withdrawl, this new eatery is simply blissful!!!

Saturday my mom, sister and I shopped around for ourselves, and of course, for Mabry. Let me tell you that she is 1.) the only grandchild and 2.) a girl...need I say more?!? The child does not go without :)...and we wouldn't have it any other way! Dad came and met us for lunch and swept Miss M away for her nap, much to her dismay. "But I don't need to take a good nap!"

Saturday night dad bought a table at a charity event for the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. They invited some of our best family friends, my sister and her hubby and one of their couple friends...and yes, I rounded out the group as numero 9 (nothing like a last minute guest). Technically, I guess you can't really call me the 9th wheel because I don't know of any 8-wheel modes of transportation. Regardless, it was a fabulous time full of simulcast horse racing/betting and bidding on live and silent auction items - all for a great cause!

Sunday a.m. everyone gathered at my parents for a big breakfast (dad made his famous beer biscuits, yumm-o). It was a great weekend with Mom and Dad and always a treat to see Mabry...oh, and sister and bro-in-law, too, of course :).



2 comments:

Jill Atkinson said...

Mabry is so adorable and getting so big! I guess they all grow fast! You are lucky to have your sis and mom so close! How did you like the Office? Phyllis cracked me up! And are you ready to see whine-ley, oh, I mean, Kenley go home yet or what??

Kimberly Jordan Walker & Sophie said...

I CANNOT wait to see Kenley get the boot. I think they are keeping her for ratings/entertainment value...she's nowhere near the talent level of the other 3!