Thursday, May 6, 2010

What's in a name?

Well folks, we have finally decided on a name and are going to friggin' stick with it this time!  I have been so bad about going back and forth...wishy washy a tad bit you might say.

But, alas, our firstborn has a name. Yahoo!

Jordan and I cannot wait to welcome...WALKER GENE YOUNG into this world.

We love you little man and simply cannot wait to meet you!

Background on the name...nothing too profound about it really.

Walker - just because we liked it.  AND, since my name is always shortened, (even when I introduce myself as Kimberly, like on a work phone call or email, peeps respond back, "hey Kim").
I...we...okay mostly just I, here, am hoping Walker won't be shortened, other than with endearing pet terms or nicknames by his mama, papa and/or close buds. Shortened just not changed permanently :):). 

Gene - it is Jordan's middle name, his dear grandfather's first name, my dad's middle name and my brother's middle name.  Crazy huh, 4 Gene's in our families!

So....Walker Gene it is!!!

6 comments:

Daniel and Ashleigh Hansberger said...

Love it! Can't wait to meet Mr. Walker!

KW said...

omgoodness, LOVE! walker was one i liked too for a boy :) can't wait to see pics of little walker when he makes his debuit into the world!!!

Elizabeth said...

LOVE it!!! :) I am obsessed with using family names - and I just love the name Walker - good job! He is going to be such a cutie!

kinsey said...

so cute!

ashleyewarren said...

Love it--so excited to meet the little guy!!

Jenna said...

just udating myself on blogland and kicking myself for not doing it sooner! i loved every moment of scrolling through what has been going on recenty!!! and i know you already know this but i LOVE LOV LOVE Walker Gene! And you my dear are so darn cute prego! I cannot wait to see you soon! XOXO