Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Go Speed Racer Go!!!

Below is a pic from a recent race Jordan and I ran together, the Tour des Fleurs 20K. It was a 12.5 mile race beginning and ending at the Dallas Arboretum (hence the fleurs part). It was a hot, but fun time this September!!!


It was Jordan's 1st big race and he did awesome!


After having been a spectator, as I ran a couple of marathons and such, Jordan decided to join in on the insanity that is distance running and asked me to be his coach (insert laughs and giggles here). We have been running together for nearly a year now and it's been so much fun, err, well, unless you ask him at 6:30 a.m. Saturday during our long runs :).


We've really had a great time together huffing and puffing and pushing through the mileage thus far. I am looking forward to many more miles of hubby-partnered training and some up and coming races this spring!


Way to go dude! Keep up the good work!!!

7 comments:

The Montague's said...

Yeah for the running couple!! AWESOME!!

Whitney Akin said...

kimberly,
so fun to "meet" a friend of the mcguigan's and the scotts....gotta love the blogger world!
thanks for checking out my blog and not being shy to comment....i love me some comments.
your blog is so cute. what a fun little family! um, maybe you can do a post about running to inspire those of us who have never been able to get into it...i'm impressed, to say the least and could use some inspiration.
let me know if you are ever in boston or nashville...we should meet in real life! talk soon and happy blogging.
whitney akin

ps. glad the pumpkin crisp was a hit. i'm making it again this weekend.

Jill Atkinson said...

Way to go!! You are an inspiration! I get to start working out again after Fri . . . I've been cheating with a little power walking here and there (and no, I don't walk like Kath & Phil from Kath & Kim :) but pushing a double stroller sure does put me out of breath!

Jay and Kristen said...

I am totally impressed! And how great that yall can share such a cool hobby!

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

wow...i am so impressed with you both! y'all are amazing...such a fun thing to do together!!!

Nicki W. said...

how great!! i want to start running with brent once reese gets here--i need an outlet and an excuse to loose the weight! you look fabulous by the way!

julie said...

OH MY GOSH, I love this. How fun and cute are you guys!! I miss running, but the knees have given up. :) WAY TO GO!