Monday, March 1, 2010

What I learned today...

Today was our doctor's appointment and sonogram to find out just who Baby Young is.

We had a wonderful visit and everything checked out great! Baby and I are still measuring right on track, at 21 weeks. Doctor is still guessing a July 13th'ish due date.

We got to see SO much on the sonogram. The little one was head down today. We saw the spine, rib cage, two feet crossed, femur bone, strong pumping heart, one hand behind its head, the other cuddled to its side. The hand on the arm cuddled to its side was fully open, and it looked like the little one was waving. Melt my heart. Little one even yawned a couple of times, too!! Again, melting me.

For now, their nose and profile looks sort of like me, but we know that will change a lot as baby puts more pounds on and really starts to take shape. The little one weighed 12 ounces today and had a heart beat of 141 bpm. Nice 'n strong.

Enough about details interesting only to the baby's mama.

Here's how the BIG reveal went down...

We had the sono tech keep the "he/she shot" a surprise during our viewing and also made sure Dr. W didn't tell us during our visit.

I handwrote a little note last night and had the sono tech fill in the blank and close it up nice and tight. No peeking for Jordan or I :):). After the appointment I headed to one of my fav little bakeries and handed the sweet lady my card (I had stopped by last week to tell her my cheesy plan, so she was expecting me). She went to the back and promptly iced some cupcakes for us with the appropriate color icing, pink or blue. She closed the pink box, tied it with a blue ribbon and sent me on my way. The smile on her face was adorable. I think she was almost as excited as me, he!he!

So...Jordan and I headed to our favorite dinner spot, Mi Cocina (duh), for dinner and to find out our surprise with the cupcakes as dessert. Let me tell you, that was the fastest we have ever eaten at Mi Cocina. Ever. We were just itching to dive into those dern cupcakes. It was as though the box was saying "open me! open me!"

So, at the same time I opened the card and Jordan opened the lid of the cupcake box...to reveal...





Oh what a joy, it's a precious baby BOY!!!!!!





We are so thrilled and thankful for everything today. A good report for both baby boy and mama. We couldn't have hoped for anything more.

Next post will have some sono pics. (I still have to figure out our new scanner at the house :) ).

Thanks for those of you who've been praying for our sweet little one. It is the strangest feeling to now know WHO we are lifting up in prayer each day. Our son, our rough and tumble, mud on your face, mama's little man, daddy's outdoor buddy, sweet, baby boy.

10 comments:

kinsey said...

woo hoo!!! i'm so excited for yall!!! can't wait to hear his name :-)

Randee said...

Welcome to "the womb" so to speak Baby Boy Young!!! I'm excited for you. Love Always , Randee

The Saras Family said...

oh you made me cry!!! you are so going to love being a mommy of a boy!!! my boys are so precious to me!

KW said...

HOO-RAY! SO MUCH FUN! Congrats on your little muffin man, how much FUN!!!

Unknown said...

So excited for you both!! Can't wait to meet him! Boys are the BEST!! Love love the cupcake reveal!!! Hope to see you guys soon!!

Kacey said...

OH what a sweet day!! Knowing that it's a little fella in there is such a joy!! What a fun dinner! Congrats!

The Montague's said...

YEAH for a healthy baby BOY!! :) I am so excited for you guys...and can't wait to hear the name, xoxo

Jay and Kristen said...

what a clever way to find out! We are beyond excited for yall!

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

Yea for all these boys!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Ashley Franks said...

I'm crying for some reason! So cute!! I'm so happy for you guys!! Little boys are SO much fun!!!