Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dearly Beloved...


This past weekend was chock full of fun, family, friends, food....and LOVE!!! (tried to find another "f" word but came up empty).

Since their engagement last Winter I have been looking forward to and anticipating this past weekend and to celebrating Brooke and Reg and their wedding weekend!

We loaded up and headed South to Horseshoe Bay on Thursday to get the weekend started.

Brooke's parents have a home down there and kicked the weekend off by welcoming all of the guests with a Welcome Cocktail Dinner. The weather was great for patio dining, wine was divine (so I hear) and food deelish (now that I can attest to).



Friday morning the boys hit the links while the ladies had a delightful time celebrating Brooke and her maids...ahem, bridesmaids. I always love these little shindigs. They're so girly, lighthearted, serve tasty lady sandwich/salad treats and the Bride is surrounded by her nearest and dearest gal pals. A great way to start the day!









Friday night Mom and Dad hosted the Groom's dinner at this fun joint by the name of River City Grill. The party was on the deck overlooking Lake LBJ. We couldn't have asked for a better weather forecast that night, PLUS the Bears won the Sweet 16 that night, too!!! The band was fun, food was yummy (noticing a trend here, me enjoying the fare?!) and Reg and Brooke were just as happy as clams. It was a terrific time all around.









Saturday was The BIG Day!!! The boys golfed again (sheesh, they made me tired just stirring as their alarm clocks went off at such unheard of Saturday a.m. hours).

We lounged around all morning, had a leisurely brunch and took it easy 'til it came time to get all "dolled up". Reg came to our condo to get ready and I tell you what (how hick does that sound?), Reg was as calm and cool as I've ever seen. He was just so excited to SEE Brooke and get married. It was really too, too cute.





The ceremony was beautiful. The look on Reg's face when the doors opened and Brooke walked in was my favorite moment. They were both just beaming!!!







Sidenote...Mabry was one of 3 flower girls and they each provided the entire ceremony with continued comic relief. They had these flower lollypop thingys (see pic) and while Reg and Brooke were exchanging their vows, Mabry was doing a bit of a Bibbity Bobbity Boo routine patting Brooke's train with her flower lollypop and then leaning in and re-fluffing the train where she'd just bopped it. It was hilarious. Seriously. Hilarious.

The reception was immaculate. The fleurs, food, beverages..every single detail...was flawless; But, aside from all of the lovelies, it was really such a wonderful evening celebrating my big bro and his new bride. They were just floating, it seemed. Cheezy, I know. But, hey, I am a sappy, hormonally charged preggo chick these days, so mush is to be expected :).









I am a tad jell-o to not be sitting on a beach on my honeymoon right about now. Ahh, what a mahhvelous tradition the honeymoon is. I can remember it like yesterday. First you get to plan a weekend of parties full of fun and friends and family only to be followed by a week of vacation with just your honey. Can you say complete greatness!?!?!



To Reg and Brooke...I love you both to pieces and am so very thrilled for you both . Here's to the many years and memories to be shared together. Muahhh!!!

3 comments:

ashleyewarren said...

I couldn't have said it better myself, sista! Great description of an awesome weekend.

Thanks for the photos, too. Even with my excellent helper, Caroline, along for the weekend, I still managed to have my hands too full for a camera most of the time!

KW said...

how much FUN! everything was BEAUTIFUL and if you're not just the cutest little preggo i don't know WHO is!!! :)

Unknown said...

So fun to read. If you ever decide to try a different career path, you might take up writing. All was very well said and brought back all the fun memories of the weekend.
The wedding of Reggie and Brooke was everything we had hoped for amd more. Our family is perfect now with just enought room for a few (or many) more sweet grand children!