Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Can we get this show on the road already?


I dunno about you guys, but every year around the middle to end of January I start to get the itch for Spring to go ahead and usher itself in. I have had my fill of coooold (hello 20 degrees!) days, enjoyed the Holidays (and taken them down around the house), worn each of my sweaters as much as I care to, and tire of the sun rising later and later each day and still setting far too early in the evening.

I do enjoy February a bit, but...once March gets here...wham! Bring on the Spring with its wee bit warmer weather, optional jackets and 3/4 sleeve shirts, fun Easter candy (oh, how I've missed you Sweet Tart Jelly Beans) and the trees and grass beginning to show a signs of life again.

With the weather this week being in the mid to high 60's, it's an early tease for March. But, I am no fool. I know we have plenty of cold snaps still headed our way.

However, I for one, am ready to get the show on the road and bid adieu to old man Winter and say beinvenidos a la Spring!

**Update. See, I even had to trash the winter snowflake theme and give things a lighter, err, lovelier color-scheme.

No comments: