Thursday, July 2, 2009

I don't read...

...unless I am on vacation...and even then I often times opt for a good People or Southern Living read. I just don't usually have the patience ( i know, shocker. me, lacking patience? never!)

This vacation was to be different, though.
My mom asked me before we left for Gulf Shores if I had any good summer books that I was planning to dive into. "Nahh, not really. I just never take or make the time. I know, I know, I'm pathetic ."
She offered to bring one she thought would be up my alley and said, "No hurt feelings if it's not your thing, but I'll bring it along for ya." Mom and Dad were the Griswolds, afterall.

Lo and behold, mom had me tagged...she brought and I read (read: bookworm deluxe) and FELL.IN.LOVE. with James Patterson's The Women's Murder series.

Lots of suspense, plenty of humor, a tad bit o' romance. Now that's my kind of book!

I finished 1st To Die early into the vacation (lamenting I didn't have the next one with me to start reading)
Jumped into 2nd Chance the night we got back and just finished it up last night.
Now I'm on to 3rd Degree, and cannot wait to see what Ms. Lindsey Boxer has in store for herself this time around.

I know most of you all are probably avid readers and have heard of James Patterson a million gazillion times and this Women's Murder Club Series, too. But for me, I am glad to have been introduced (shout out, Mama) to this little series and wanted to share my latest obsession with all you readers...you know, all 3 of you :). Wink, wink.

6 comments:

The Montague's said...

way to go kimberly! read read and more reading :) My mom reads his series....I can give you some more suggestions on books....if you are interested! I tend to be a book worm in the summer!

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

I LOVE James Patterson, and especially this series. YEA! So glad you are a fan, too :)

Daniel and Ashleigh Hansberger said...

Sound like a good read!! I am always in need of a good book.

kinsey said...

i've read every book he's ever written! he can't write them fast enough for me ;-)

Jill Atkinson said...

I read one of his years ago . . . back when there was time to read! Cherish it!! At the end of a full day of dirty diapers, meals, laundry, etc. all I want to do is sit down for a good brain-frying session in front of the tube. But I'll remember the books for the near future (hopefully very near . . . Tripp is 9 months and still waking 3 times/night - ahhh).

The Saras Family said...

Ooooo, my mom has all of those. I should start if you liked them that much!!