Monday, October 20, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

So, I am always up for some fun travels, but sometimes it just feels good to be back home.

Jordan and I headed to Waco this past Tuesday to drop of our child..ehh..dog before heading to Austin early Wednesday a.m. to catch our flight (that we seriously thought we were going to die on) to Las Vegas. We went out there for a an incentive trip that Jordan's work was hosting. It was a blast...the Bellagio, a little spa time, shopping, deelish meals, great shows, etc...
it was such a great, albeit quick trip.

We were back in the air Friday and returned to Austin. We headed straight from the plane to dinner in Temple (yes, we changed clothes in a Jack in the Box along I-35) for my bro-in-law's birthday. Again ,deelish food, but at this point Jordo and I were reaching near delirium from lack of sleep. After dinner we drove back to Waco and literally crashed as soon as we got to my parents' house.

Saturday a.m., hubby was up and outta there for a boys golf weekend. Getting tired yet? I headed North up I-35 for a Bachelorette Party (no rest for the weary). We both had a great time at our Guys' and Girls' Nights Out (pics to come later).

So, as you can imagine, when I finally pulled back into our driveway Sunday afternoon, after having been in far too many places in too few days, it felt SO good to be back home. Couchtime and napping for the entire afternoon ensued...much to my desire :). Hubby was not far behind...and the siesta was on!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend, too!!! What did y'all do?

No comments: