Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I think I may have lost brain cells

Why is that, you ask (you were asking, right?)? Well, quite honestly, it's because of my behind-closed-doors habit of tuning into the trainwreck that is The Hills.

I seriously think I went to bed last night dumber than when I walked in the door from work yesterday evening.

Spencer's shenanigans....


Heidi's blinding blonde air and palatable bad acting...


...it is all just too much for me.

Therefore:

I, Kimberly E. Young, on this 7th day of April 2009, do hereby declare and promise that I shall no longer willingly and purposefuly subject myself, on weekly basis, to the fakery and narcissim that is The Hills.

I fully understand the consequences of my decision here. I know it means I will miss out on LC's pitty parties, Stephanie Pratt's post-meth'isms, as well as catching a glimpse of the "Seen and Be Seen" spots in LA that I never have any intention of visiting but still like to learn of. I know, I know, all of that will be lost.

BUT, what I will gain is those brain cells unnecessarily lost from tuning into 4 seasons of MTV's goldmine - The Hills.

There, I have said it.

I.Am.Done.

Now, onto finding yet another mindless reality tv show to somehow let myself get sucked into...

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

are you REALLY going to be able to resist?!?!? :) Did Heidi get caps put on her teeth?!?! She looks a little horsey to me...

S, J, B, & S said...

noooooooooooo! you can't! there aren't many of us out here still watching and we must band together. mindless tv is good tv. :)

Yocumotion said...

BUT I LOVE IT and this is the LAST season!!!!!!

Daniel and Ashleigh Hansberger said...

I love it too!! Come on Kimberly-don't throw in the towel yet!

The Montague's said...

I am certain I lost brain cells too!!! BUT I can't resist and the brain needs something mindless every now and then :)

Callen and Michael Martin said...

I can't believe this!!! But I am so proud of you! I love the Hills simply because it is so ridiculous that its like a sit-com instead of a reality show! But I know how you feel...I had enough of the terrible storylines/acting on Grays and I gave it up...haven't looked back for a second! I'm proud of you!!!

Nicki W. said...

i know--i should join in with you. here i sit, a 29 year old, mother of 2, and i feel the need to turn my brain into gush? still...isn't it the last season?

julie said...

COME ON!!! Stick with it, I mean a couple of brain cells won't hurt.

Kacey said...

I say the same thing every week, and yet I tune in every Monday. I hope you have better luck:)