Saturday, March 14, 2009

Post Op Care = Closet Cleanout

POST DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT HAVE CHILDREN YET, SO I TREAT MY DOG (YES, I KNOW, SHE IS A DOG) AS MY LITTLE ONE; THEREFORE, ALL BLOG POSTS AND TENDER LOVING CARE BESTOWED UPON MY FOUR LEGGED FRIEND IS ABSOLUTELY VALIDATED AND JUSTIFIABLE.

My little lady, Sophie had knee surgery on Wednesday. I will spare you all of the queasy details of what was done and sum it up with basically they re-made her right knee so that it would no longer be permanently dislocated/popped out. Yikes!

Below are some pics of my little patient. I took the pics this morning, which is Saturday. She's actually looking much, much improved from Thursday. Hoping the trend continues with each passing day ;).
Cozy next to me as I worked on my laptop
Her pain patch on her back that they stapled on. Also the round shaved area above her tail is where the epidural went in.
Pink bandage covering where the IV was. And then, of course, the stitches on her back, right leg.

So we got to bring her home 24 hours after her surgery, and were advised to stick around the house for the first 24 hours to observe her and make sure she was 'OK'. Ummm, clearly, she is not OK, but I know what the vet meant, I suppose (wink, wink).

Anyhow...with a very sad and immobile dog and a cold, wet, rainy outside...it forced me to..dun dun dunnn (cue the horror music)...clean out some closets.
Yes, all of that stuff was crammed into two closets. Now it is all nicely organized by holiday/use in each bin and will promptly head up to the attic to join the rest of its buddies, which are already nicely organized in bins, just waiting to be brought down for their respective holiday/time of the year/use.
And below is all of the trash that came from the clean out. Holy moly!
I guess a sad, post operative puppy can be a bitter sweet thing, if you're looking to get organized.
Sorry for the somewhat graphic pics and unarguably boring post topics - dog surgery and cleaning out closets. But hey, that's what we've been up to lately. Yes, these are exciting times ;).

4 comments:

kinsey said...

oh, those pictures brought tears to my eyes!! poor little thing!!

Yocumotion said...

ummm that was so sad...YOu made me cry! AND PETS ARE BABIES!!!!I love you and kiss her for me

Randee said...

Well, I sure hope that Little Sophie 's knee gets better real soon. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless you. And have a nice day. Love Always , Randee

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

ahh...sweet sophie. even though i have kids, i would still get that done for maddie if she needed it!!! you are such a great dog mom...you need real kids now!!!=) i am glad she is doing better...hope she is back to her self soon! and so impressed with the closet...way to go!!!!