Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pizza, Magic and More!

This past Saturday afternoon, Jordan and I headed down to Waco to help celebrate Mabry's 4th birthday.

The party invite went a little something like this..."Pizza, Magic and More! Mabry is turing Four!!!".

I really hope as a mom I can have as good a pulse as my sister does on just what my kiddos will actually want (and not what the Mom wants or thinks will look the cutest) for their party. Not that it has to be over the top or crazy elaborate, but most importantly something your child will enjoy and something that won't stess me out preparing so much, that I don't even have a chance to stop and enjoy the moment(s).

Ash was dead-on for what Miss M loves.

It was at her favorite little pizza joint. They had a clown (Buster was her name and she was perfect and oh-so-age-appropriate) who not only was a clown, but also did magic and crazy balloon blow-up thingys. All of Mabry's little friends really seemed to love her.

I know it sounds sappy, but I just love days like Saturday. The kind of day that forces you to take time out and stop, amidst Christmas decorating, shopping, gift wrapping, parties, etc...and watch kiddos simply enjoy themselves. It was actually really refreshing.

Below are some pics from the day. It is hard to believe this little lady is 4! Well, if the truth be told, she's more like 4 going on 14 :).









I love you Mabry Liz!

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What cute, cute pictures.
Your pictures are great...Visit my holiday blog for new tree pictures and my main blog for a MIRACLE story...
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

ashleyewarren said...

Thanks for your kind words about my party planning skills. She's a pretty terrific kid and not too difficult to please. Fun to see her having fun with her family and friends. So glad you are close enough to drive down--she wouldn't have it any other way!